Full field less 10m L:100m, W:60m
2 x 20 mins
Yes Not past 15m-line
RESTART AFTER SCORE
Kick-off by non-scoring team
5 players Contested No lifting
6 players Contested 1m push
All options #8 moves illegal
WHEN IS LINEOUT & SCRUM OVER
PENALTY & FREE KICKS
All options Opp 10m back
COMMON PATHWAY LAWS FOR U6 TO U12
Equal number of players on each team. If one team is short, teams MUST share players to reach the maximum number of equal players possible. Unlimited rolling replacements
Scrum engagement sequence is CROUCH – BIND – SET. When crouched, the distance between opposing front rows should be close enough that players’ heads are interlinked approximately ear to ear. There must be a clear non-verbal pause between ‘bind’ and ‘set’. Defending scrum-half can’t go past midline and cannot leave scrum.
No Drop Goals No Penalty Goals
No Quick Throw-ins No variation in numbers allowed Must have a lineout receiver
Slinging tackles, fending to the head and squeeze ball illegal
Yellow card = 5 minutes A player given a Yellow card or Red card may be replaced
• Finals series, competition ladders and premierships allowed.
U11 The Grounds
100 x 60m maximum (ie. usually full field minus 10m width)
U11 NUMBER OF PLAYERS
• 12 players
• Teams must match numbers on the field during play.
• If either team has fewer than 12 players during play, then teams must share players to get the maximum number of players on the field, while maintaining equal numbers.
• If a team has few or no reserve players, the coach or manager should inform the opposing team before the game starts that they may be required to share players at some point during the game.
• Rolling replacements are allowed and these are unlimited in number, but can only be made when the ball is dead.
• It is recommended that the maximum size of a team’s squad be 17 players.
• 2 x 20min halves, 5min half time.
• There is no time off for injury or other stoppages.
• A try is awarded 5 points.
• Drop Goals and Penalty Goals are not permitted.
• Conversions are taken on a line through the place where the try was scored, up to but not beyond the 15-metre line (ie. 10 metres from the touch line).
• Players may not charge a Conversion attempt.
U11 FOUL PLAY
• No fending to the face or head allowed (PK).
• No jersey swinging tackles allowed (PK).
• A red card = sent off and cannot return.
• A yellow card = 5 mins in the sin-bin and if the time period has not expired when half-time or full-time is called, the temporary suspension ends.
• When a yellow or red card is issued, the player may be replaced.
• ‘Squeeze ball’ technique illegal (PK).
U11 KICK-OFF & RESTART
• Kick-offs and restarts are drop kicks.
• If a kick-off or drop-out is unsuccessful in any way (eg. wrong kick, goes dead etc), another chance is provided, and if the second kick is also unsuccessful, then a scrum is awarded at the centre of the half-way line or 22m-line with the throw-in to the non-infringing team.
U11 LIneout setup
• No quick throw-ins allowed.
• 5 players from each team stand as catchers 1 metre from the opposition players in a single line 5 metres away from the touch line.
• The thrower of the team in possession stands on the line of touch.
• The thrower’s immediate opponent must stand on their side between the lineout and the touch line, and 2 metres from the line of touch.
• There must be a receiver (scrum-half) 2 metres back from the line-out. The receiver may not switch positions or join the lineout until the ball is thrown.
• All other players not taking part in the line-out must be back at least 10 metres.
• If the setup is not right, the referee awards another lineout with the same team throwing in, so the players can get it right.
U11 LINEOUT PLAY
• If the throw is incorrect (eg. not straight), the referee awards another lineout with the same team throwing in, so the players can get it right.
If the second attempt is also incorrect, a scrum is awarded to the non-infringing team.
• There is no lifting or supporting allowed (FK).
U11 SCRUM SETUP
• 6 players from each team form the scrum.
• Both scrum-halves must stand on the same side of the scrum.
• All other players not taking part in the scrum must be back at least 5 metres.
• If the setup is not right, the referee awards another scrum with the same team throwing in, so the players can get it right.
U11 SCRUM PLAY
• Scrum engagement sequence is CROUCH – BIND – SET. When crouched, the distance between opposing front rows should be close enough that players’ heads are interlinked approximately ear to ear. There must be a clear non-verbal pause between ‘bind’ and ‘set’.
• A team must not push the scrum more than 1 metre (FK).
• No Number 8 moves allowed (FK).
U11 SCRUM OFFSIDE
The scrum is not over until the ball is completely out of the scrum (eg. even if the scrum-half has hands on the ball it is not out).
• The defending scrum-half cannot go past the midline of the scrum and must stay within 1 metre of the scrum on the feeding side until it is over.
• Opposition players must stay onside or stay bound until the scrum is over.
• If players are offside, the referee awards a Penalty Kick.
Brothers Rugby Sunshine Coast have partnership opportunities happening NOW.
Our club is currently experiencing unprecented growth for grassroots rugby along with record numbers of girls playing for Brothers in 2021.
Our strong community influence and growth is due to our strong club culture. Our parents are commited supporters and we have many business relationships that have florished within this environment.
If you would like to learn more about the many benefits of supporting Brothers Rugby and sport in the community, please reach out to club president, Mike Haines today.
Phone: 0481 364 888
Email: [email protected]